Lurcher SOS Lurcher and Sighthound Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of abandoned and abused lurchers, greyhounds and other sighthounds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sketches by Sally

Go down 
+15
Bodkin
lurcher fan
Maddog
susiej
Sallyella
thedogpack
ptc
brooklyn
Happy To Be Hounded!
viper
June
dragoragirl
Nanny Noodle
highcrosshound
macbeth
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sallyella
Adult Lurcher
Sallyella

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:42 am

Hi Wendie

Not sure if this is of any interest to the Newsletter but I have been trying to think of ways I could help with 
fundraising for LSOS. My health sadly is not great at the moment so I am little use for the street collecting. 
However I do like to draw - in an amateurish way - and have been sketching from a couple of
photos of lurchers - Eamon in particular - what a fabulous face he does have - any way I digress - here are a couple of photos of my sketches and I did wonder if perhaps people on the forum might like me to try to draw their dog......for a donation to LSOS
Sketches by Sally P1060692_zps92ikhnzm

Sketches by Sally P1060691_zpsg8vpzmmz

Not sure what you think - I won't be offended if you don't like the idea - I'll just keep thinking!
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 11:20 am

WOW!! These are amazing, I'm not sure you can get away with calling them amateurish! What a fantastic offer, thank you. I think this would be very popular, I know I have an order for you from me  yes . Could you drop me a PM with some details, such as how much time each would roughly take (so we don't get you overwhelmed with orders) and the cost etc. I think these would be especially popular at Christmas. Thank you so much.
Back to top Go down
brooklyn
Homecheck Coordinator
Homecheck Coordinator
brooklyn

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 11:42 am

Yes totally agree with Wendie, I too would like my girls done, so I'm second in line lol! lol!
Please can you pm what you need and the cost thankyou thankyou
Back to top Go down
Happy To Be Hounded!
Officially Barking Mad

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Sallyella wrote:
Hi Wendie

Not sure if this is of any interest to the Newsletter but I have been trying to think of ways I could help with 
fundraising for LSOS. My health sadly is not great at the moment so I am little use for the street collecting. 
However I do like to draw - in an amateurish way - and have been sketching from a couple of
photos of lurchers - Eamon in particular - what a fabulous face he does have - any way I digress - here are a couple of photos of my sketches and I did wonder if perhaps people on the forum might like me to try to draw their dog......for a donation to LSOS
Sketches by Sally P1060692_zps92ikhnzm

Sketches by Sally P1060691_zpsg8vpzmmz

Not sure what you think - I won't be offended if you don't like the idea - I'll just keep thinking!
The drawings are beautiful and think with your talent for drawing, they would make lovely cards too.  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
susiej
Officially Barking Mad
susiej

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Could you post prices for your drawings and possible time scale?  I would like one of my Lily when you are able to fit it in. They are great.  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sallyella
Adult Lurcher
Sallyella

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 8:07 am

Thank you for saying such kind things about my drawings - it has taken a bit of courage to post them 

in case some people just laughed! doh I really am an amateur - I have not picked up a pencil to really draw 

anything for about 20 years - and I am vain enough to have posted the 2 best ones!! At the moment profiles 

of dog's heads come out best - I'm still practising foreshortening (head on pics) and it will take a while till I am 

happy with it. I also need to gen up a bit on anatomy to make a better job of the whole dog - but I will enjoy trying!

The finished size is about 8" x 10" and takes me about 8 - 10 hours in total - but I do do it when the spirit moves!

I think I should charge a small fixed fee for the drawing (just in case you don't think it looks anything like your 

dog) and if you do like it then you can choose what you give for it - all goes to LSOS

Thanks for the idea about cards - I have tried scanning the photos to get a good repro with this in mind - or using them for 

some kind of decoupage?? but the image does not come out particularly clearly as yet! Any ideas on that front gratefully received.....

and suggestions on the initial fee  anyone If you would still like me to try a sketch of your dog after all that I need a good quality photo (lots of pixels)

of a close-up (preferably a profile) of your lovely dog - email might be best as photobucket does not always play ball this end (probably my fault)

and I will give it my best shot!! yes
Back to top Go down
macbeth
Hopelessly Hound Addicted
macbeth

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:12 am

Beautiful pictures.  You are very clever.
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Linda, thank you so much. It would be fantastic if Brooklyn would write the column. 
Tess, I will rectify that immediately. I do apologise, you were not on my list of Grace's sponsors for some reason.

I think the pictures should cost £10 each, with Sally taking costs from the price and the rest going to LSOS. What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
brooklyn
Homecheck Coordinator
Homecheck Coordinator
brooklyn

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Linda, thank you so much. It would be fantastic if Brooklyn would write the column. 
Tess, I will rectify that immediately. I do apologise, you were not on my list of Grace's sponsors for some reason.

I think the pictures should cost £10 each, with Sally taking costs from the price and the rest going to LSOS. What does everyone think?
Ok Wendie when do you need it by as I will inform Brooklyn lol! lol!
Yes £10 is fine by me but I would like my girls together if possible so am happy to double price thankyou thankyou
Back to top Go down
susiej
Officially Barking Mad
susiej

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Yes £10 is extremely reasonable.  You could charge a bit more.  sunny
Back to top Go down
brooklyn
Homecheck Coordinator
Homecheck Coordinator
brooklyn

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:47 am

Hi Sally can I send my photo by email please as I can't do it on a pm.
If you pm your email to me I will send the photo

Many thanks Linda
Back to top Go down
highcrosshound
Junior Lurcher

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi Sallyella!
Only just looked at this thread - I would like to donate for the first drawing of Eamon!!! He really is a loveable big soppy creature and your drawing really captures that aspect of him!! Please let me know what I have to do to get one!
Also Wendie - would you like to use the recipe I use to make Luscious Liver Treats for my houndies? They are dead easy and the dogs would do anything for just a tiny sniff of one!
Jane 
x
Back to top Go down
Sallyella
Adult Lurcher
Sallyella

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi Jane

I was going to offer him to you - if you thought I had captured him just a little - do you want the original sketch? All money is to got to LSOS - via Paypal and if you could add "sketch" to the notes it would help me find out how much I have raised this way.

No idea what to charge - but if you only wanted a print then it would be just £10.00 - a bit more for the original drawing - but I am only just starting - I am doing a sketch for Sue of Lily - and all my sketches so far are on my Photobucket page 

Please pm me what you would like and I will pop Eamon's picture in the post to you
Back to top Go down
Nanny Noodle
Admin and Foster Home Coordinator
Admin and Foster Home Coordinator
Nanny Noodle

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:51 am

Very pleased to see you've "come out of the closet" with your artistic talents Sally  cheers cheers 
See, I told you everyone would be seriously impressed! xx
Back to top Go down
Sallyella
Adult Lurcher
Sallyella

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 7:04 pm

thankyou Kat - still not sure how it's going to go - but perhaps it might help raise a bit  sillygrin
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Is everyone happy to pay more for these?  Would £20 be a more realistic price, or £25? We don't want to make them too costly so people don't buy them but they take a lot of hard work by Sally and need a cost to reflect that. What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
susiej
Officially Barking Mad
susiej

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 4:05 pm

I think £20 is a reasonable price.   yes
Back to top Go down
madfoxlady
Officially Barking Mad

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 7:30 pm

So do I as they are absolutley amazing. 

Banjo is saving his pocket money up for one of himself Smile and I can't leave Bailey out......
Back to top Go down
Sallyella
Adult Lurcher
Sallyella

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:49 pm

I thought I would try something other than a houndie....and my son wanted one of his labrador so I gave it a go - bits of it work??

Sketches by Sally P1060734_zps1fljg0og

wished he had kept his mouth closed!! I will just have to keep practising!
Back to top Go down
Happy To Be Hounded!
Officially Barking Mad

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Lovely drawing - he is a very handsome chap, even with his mouth open!Thumbs Up love
Back to top Go down
Sallyella
Adult Lurcher
Sallyella

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 8:10 pm

He was gorgeous - sadly no longer with us - this is the finished sketch 

Sketches by Sally P1060739_zpsl0h8ytmt

and a quick sketch of Enya

Sketches by Sally Myenya_zpsjjfdwna0
Back to top Go down
Happy To Be Hounded!
Officially Barking Mad

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Sorry that your son's Labrador has gone to the bridge - the finished drawing is just beautiful and also the sketch of Enya. love love

I have always wished that I'd had a gift for drawing but alas what my brain sees, my hand can't duplicate!
Back to top Go down
dragoragirl
Officially Barking Mad

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 8:04 am

wow Sally i knew that was Enya immediatly just beautiful x
Back to top Go down
Sallyella
Adult Lurcher
Sallyella

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks Mel - it was obviously taken from one of your lovely photos - she is so wonderfully angular!  yes

Hope she is well and happy in her new home   sunny
Back to top Go down
Sallyella
Adult Lurcher
Sallyella

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:18 am

Yes thank you Happy to be hounded - we all miss Charlie horribly - it was quite emotional staring at his photo

for so long to try to get the drawing as good as I could - we had all been avoiding it for a bit  Sad

As to the drawing - it's a good job you don't see how much rubbing out I do - I just keep practising - fortunately 

there are SO many fab photos of houndies out there I have loads of choice - it may yet make some money for LSOS yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sketches by Sally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketches by Sally   Sketches by Sally Empty

Back to top Go down

Sketches by Sally
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next