Lurcher SOS Lurcher and Sighthound Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of abandoned and abused lurchers, greyhounds and other sighthounds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sponsor a dog scheme

Go down 
+5
Lea
Laurie
ptc
brooklyn
Maddog
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

Sponsor a dog scheme Empty
PostSubject: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 9:30 am

To sponsor a dog and help us provide all they need for life is easy. Simply email us at lurchersos@yahoo.co.uk.  Tell us your name and address, the name on your payment and which dog you would like to sponsor. Tell us the name you'd like on the certificate and the sponsors birthday. If you sponsorship is a gift let us know the name and address of the recipient and if you would like the initial pack sent to yourself or directly to them. Sponsorship costs just £25 for a year. You can pay via paypal to lurchersos@yahoo.co.uk or by card at www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/cyprus-puppies-vet-bill/229530
Each sponsor will receive:
An introduction letter from the dog of your choice
A 6 x 4 photo of your dog
A fridge magnet with your dogs picture
A Lurcher SOS keyring with your dogs picture
A Lurcher SOS car sticker
A certificate of sponsorship
You will get a 3 monthly letter and picture from your dog keeping you up to date with their news.
A Christmas card from your dog.
A birthday card from your dog.
This is the initial pack
Sponsor a dog scheme 10497868_746653355399791_6315861188403454885_o_zps0448d5b4

The sponsor dogs are:

Grace  – Grace is a 7 year old Greyhound who came to us in June 2013 after her owner died. Grace suffers with painful corns on her feet and needs ongoing treatment to keep her as comfortable as possible. She is a happy, funny girl who is very loved in her permanent foster home.
Sponsor a dog scheme IMG_6256_zpsee1669fc

Roisin – Roisin is a 5 year old Lurcher who came to us in Jan 2012. Roisin has problems with her back legs which makes her prone to collapse on occasion. Roisin is also very nervous of the outside world but feels safe in her foster home when she is relaxed and loved, The decision was made to keep her in her foster home where she will live out her life calm and content and her legs can be monitored and treated.
Sponsor a dog scheme Roisin1_zps100798c3

Dara -  Dara is a relatively new comer to Lsos. He was picked up straying in Ireland and took some time to catch because he is rather timid. Dara is a lovely dog and is the only one of our sponsor dogs who will be available for adoption but he is shy and is an escape artist and has some tummy issues that are being looked in to so he will be with us for some time.
Sponsor a dog scheme 10633743_720838881314572_4819664415738780619_o_zpsb5e9adf1

Last edited by Maddog on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Anyone who already sponsors Bess or Grace and would like a pack the three monthly letters please pm me.
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Rather excited to say that as I type we have our first international sponsorship pack winging it's way to the other side of the World!!!!

Also, if anyone is planing to do this for Christmas presents and wants to order in advance let me know. I can date the sponsorship to start from Christmas Day and send it to the recipient just before Christmas or the person giving the gift in advance so they can give it in person.
Back to top Go down
brooklyn
Homecheck Coordinator
Homecheck Coordinator
brooklyn

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Just wondered how this is going as I don't do Facebook fingerscrossedfingerscrossed
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:55 pm

It's going ok so far. It's all done via email so it's quite private. We've sent three out and have four Christmas orders already and several other people have shown interest in doing them for Christmas presents so we will see. With those sent and on order (once they are paid) it will have taken £175 already. fingerscrossed it carries on doing well.
Back to top Go down
brooklyn
Homecheck Coordinator
Homecheck Coordinator
brooklyn

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Thank you Wendy
Back to top Go down
ptc
Officially Barking Mad
ptc

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Rather excited to say that as I type we have our first international sponsorship pack winging it's way to the other side of the World!!!!

Also, if anyone is planing to do this for Christmas presents and wants to order in advance let me know. I can date the sponsorship to start from Christmas Day and send it to the recipient just before Christmas or the person giving the gift in advance so they can give it in person.

Paul and I have decided to Sponsor Dara for his Mum for a Christmas pressie.
It is good to know we can get it in advance - that's one pressie sorted LOL.
Will sort out payment etc., in a bit, if that's OK?

Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Awww, thanks Tina. Just email everything to Laurie when you are ready.
We've had an order for another one today too   cheers
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin
Admin
Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:49 pm

ptc wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Paul and I have decided to Sponsor Dara for his Mum for a Christmas pressie.
It is good to know we can get it in advance - that's one pressie sorted LOL.
Will sort out payment etc., in a bit, if that's OK?

Thank you Tina.... much appreciated! x Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.lurchersos.org.uk
Lea
Newborn Lurcher
Lea

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:02 pm

Hello.

We'd like Dara&Roisin as Christmas presents too,please.
Do I need to pay for them now?
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 8:34 am

Hi Lea, just email the postal details of yourself and the people they are for to lurchersos@yahoo.co.uk and make your payment when you are ready. As they are Christmas presents probably best to do it before mid December to allow for the slow post but you can do it any time from now and I'll mark them as starting at Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin
Admin
Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 10:26 am

Thank you Lea xx
Back to top Go down
emmaf
Adult Lurcher
emmaf

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 10:21 pm

Had a Twitter follower say they had emailed about sponsorship this evening, Flee in NZ also tweeted with a photo of the things they received and was very happy!
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 8:01 am

Awww, thank you Emma (or Shelle) I'm so glad Flee likes her birthday present, her Mum is just lovely! We have received the other email too and the pack will be on it's way soon. 
All the dogs have sponsors now and Dara is by far the most popular. No surprise there, he seems to have stolen a bit of everyones heart, bless him.
Back to top Go down
LadyPenelope
Hopelessly Hound Addicted
LadyPenelope

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Which one of the lovely dogs needs more sponsorship please? running dog
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin
Admin
Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:45 pm

LadyPenelope wrote:
Which one of the lovely dogs needs more sponsorship please? running dog
I think Roisin is trailing behind.

Poor Roisin has an owie on her side don't know how she tore it but been to vets tonight for AB's.  Hopefully it won't need stitching and her long coat will cover the mark.  (she was very brave... well very brave for Roisin... I did have to literally drag her into the vet poor poppet)
Back to top Go down
LadyPenelope
LadyPenelope

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Awww bless her. I will sponsor her then it's a surprise gift! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:56 am

Thank you! I have the details and will get this on the way to you today.
Back to top Go down
LadyPenelope
LadyPenelope

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi Wendie

Did the money get through to you...?
PayPal seemed to be having a BIG wobbly last night.  I tried 2 different methods of paying!
Laurie said she would let me know if it hasn't got to you and I will re-submit it.
 thankyou
Back to top Go down
LadyPenelope
LadyPenelope

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am

Hi Wendie

Have re-submitted so hope you got it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 9:43 am

Thank you x
Back to top Go down
LadyPenelope
LadyPenelope

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 pm

The pack has arrived for Roisin!    thankyou
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 am

Anyone wanting sponsor packs as Christmas presents will need to get the details to us by Sunday 14th to give a realistic chance of them arriving in time.

So far we have 14 new sponsors which has raised over £300 in profit! Thank you to everyone who is taking part  thankyou
Back to top Go down
Maddog
Officially Barking Mad
Maddog

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 9:28 am

I just wanted to thank everyone who is taking part in this. We've taken close to £500! Its been a little fraught at times with the Christmas rush but everything is done and sent now.
With the sad loss of Bess we have been chatting and have decided to add Peaches as the fourth foster dog. She is our longest waiting dog so seemed like the best choice.
Back to top Go down
lurcher fan
Online Fundraising Coordinator
Online Fundraising Coordinator
lurcher fan

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Sounds like this scheme is going well Wendie Thumbs Up What a great idea to add Peaches as a sponsor dog  Very Happy

Got a lovely surprise yesterday when a sponsor pack arrived from Grace, i actually forgot i was sponsoring her as i set it up ages ago, paying monthly.  thankyou bigluff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor a dog scheme   Sponsor a dog scheme Empty

Back to top Go down

Sponsor a dog scheme
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lurcher SOS Lurcher and Sighthound Rescue :: Fundraising :: Sponsor a LSOS Hound-
Jump to: